28 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Kicked my ass

So I concede defeat. I reached 30K, so only 20,000 words short of target. This isn't something to feel proud about, but I do feel good about it. Thirty thousand words are the most I've committed to computer for one project which is something. And there are at least a few hundred good ones hiding between the piles of crap and half drunken ramblings I managed throughout November.

It wasn't apathy that kneecapped me, real life has this annoying habit of messing with my plans. There just wasn't enough time to catch up after work went insane and a few other issues messed up my planning. This must be the first month in a long time that I did not really finish reading a book, which is a weird feeling to have.

 I am going to continue my story at my own pace, since I think the premise is an interesting one with real potential. Who knows? In a year I might have something good. I must say, I enjoy writing more than I thought I would. It's quite fun, and this will end in a finished book. Most probably not a published book, but that worry is a few years away.

Normal service should now resume until middle December, then I'm taking a holiday, because I deserve it damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment